Wednesday, December 16, 2009

An Earful of Legends


By now, most of you have probably heard about the new rock super-group, Them Crooked Vultures. The band consists of Dave Grohl [Foo Fighters, Nirvana], John Paul Jones of Led Zep, and Queens of the Stone Age's Josh Homme. This band is just...its just sick. So apparently rock and roll is going through some tough times, which makes me want to cry, but TCV is def trying to revive rock n roll.

"Rock'n'roll doesn't exist anymore. Sure people are playing rock from every era, and musicians are producing their idea of what rock'n'roll should be. But, the epitome of rock music, the explosive sensation of sound, youth, and fury has become a part of history. Today we are left with music that duplicates or fits into already tried and established forms. Is this representative of the first decade of this new millennium?" Reading this article made me cry. I'm a huge fan of electro, house, and new-waveish type stuff but still, I don't want R & R to die : [. If i had to choose one over the other, I don't know which I'd pick. Hmm, quite the pickle. Quite frankly I DONT LIKE BEING IN PICKLES MUCH. I like eating them though.

ughhhhhh stupid. I'm going to go wallow in my sorrow.

Anyways, check it:

Them Crooked Vultures-- New Fang

No comments:

Post a Comment